Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Sub-zero vaccum condenser message on. I vacummed condenser.

Customer Question
Sub-zero vaccum condenser message on...
Sub-zero vaccum condenser message on. I vacummed condenser. Light went off. Temp goes down to 46 but messge reappears. What to do?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 hour by:
7/17/2015
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 2 years ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.So I will tell you in advance "vacuum condenser light" doesn't mean it's going to be an easy fix. What this means is that the compressor has ran for more than 24 hours and hasn't reached the proper temperature inside the refrigerator. That being said, condenser coils that are dirty and the fan not running can definitely cause this problem and are the first things to check. With this Sub Zero unit, a much more common issue is that the evaporator coil develops a leak and freon is leaking out causing the unit to warm up slowly. For that issue, you will need to call a technician---that is not something you can fix yourself.As for checking the fan and cleaning the coils, it sounds like you have already vacuumed the coils so if you did and you noticed the fan motor was running next to the coils, then you need to call a technician to check the freon issue.We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc