John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I have GE Refrig gss25wgph that dispenses water fine, but water

Customer Question

I have GE Refrig gss25wgph that dispenses water fine, but water not going into ice maker. I replaced the water valve but still no water to ice maker. Any suggestions?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for requesting me !Can you look at the model number once again on the appliance .I do not find a number of GSS25wgphhAnd on your issue have you remove the line off the water valve to the icemaker and tried blowing through the line to see if it is frozen thus blocking the water? and or test to see when the icemaker calls for water if you are getting voltage to the water inlet icemaker side of the valve?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
GSS25WGPH
and you are getting this number off of the product in the fresh food section interior wall?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes
ok are you in the U.S.?You should have at least two more letters on the end like BB ,CC or WW
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
WW thanks
OK Great!Thank you!have you done any of these? removed the line off the water valve to the icemaker and tried blowing through the line to see if it is frozen thus blocking the water? and or test to see when the icemaker calls for water if you are getting voltage to the water inlet icemaker side of the valve?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
have not tried blowing out the line. Could I just unplug the refrig for several hours then plug back in? What voltage load should I see at the valve?
unplugging the unit will not tell us if the line is restricted in some way or another.And the voltage you should get is 120 Volts A/C