John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I have a Kegerator that runs all the time and the suction line

Customer Question

I have a Kegerator that runs all the time and the suction line is freezing up.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 2 years ago.
Does it get too cold and freeze inside?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The panel in the back does freeze up ,but the beer never gets any colder than 43 Degrees
Expert:  Phil replied 2 years ago.
Hello again, if the entire back panel freezes up, not just part of it, then the problem is a warm air leak into the box past a leaking door gasket most likely. You can check that by inserting a dollar bill at various points around the door as you close it, if the bill pulls out easily, you have found the problem. Inspect the door gasket in that case, and send me some photo's of it using the paper clip icon at the top right of the tool bar. -------------- If the door gasket is OK. locate the temperature control, tell me if it has a knob on it or if it is a push button electronics panel type. I also need to know how you are determining that the unit runs all the time, is the compressor in back near the bottom running all the time?... is there a fan and radiator coil in that area? Is the radiator coil clean and not blocked with dirt on the back side of it. We can go from there.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i figured it out already it was overcharged !