Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have a Wolf Gas Range AS36K1-20 36 inch, 4 burner w/ Griddle.

Customer Question
I have a Wolf Gas...
I have a Wolf Gas Range AS36K1-20 36 inch, 4 burner w/ Griddle. Igniter Clicking would not stop. I replaced the 6 Point Igniter Box Model # ***** 306 Did nt solve the problem. Today I replaced all 4 Valve switches. Now the clicking starts when I plug into the Power and before even turning on a gas knob?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
Replaced 6 Point Gas Re-Igniter , Model # ***** 306. And Replaced all 4 Valve Switches Item # *****
Answered in 3 days by:
7/18/2015
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 2 years ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! I suspect the issue is with a pinched wire that is creating a path for the electricity to run. There may also be an issue with the ground or polarity in the outlet. Both are very important for the operation of the Flame Rectification System in that range. Can you verify the outlet polarity is correct and the ground is present and secure?
I plugged in the stove to a outlet that has ground Reminder I have replaced the 4 Valve switches and the 6 Point re igniter. How can I detect a pinched wire? The clicking starts as soon as I plug in the cord to the outlet. Can u tell me the correct wire connections. The wires that ignite each burner. In other words, Example. The right front burner should be connected to #1 on the 6 point re igniter?
The placement of the burner igniter wires is not critical to the spark ignition. The current has to flow to the input of the spark module to initiate spark. So, one of the switches is either on or the voltage is getting to the module from somewhere else. Can you post a picture of the spark module as you have it wired now, please?
Hey Kelly,
I m attaching two photos. # ***** checking the outlet plug, It checked out ok. And the second picture of the wiring to the 6 Point re igniter. Additionally, I have turned on the left rear burner, It lite and stopped Clicking. However, the others still keep clickin after igniting??? It won t let me upload the picures? What else can I try to resolve the constant clickin?
If you light all of the burners, does it stop clicking?
No, only the left rear when lite first. stops clickin. When the other 3 are turned on ,the clickin continues on.
Can you use fine sand paper on the igniter electrode tips and the area they spark to and see if that changes?
I ll try that
Thank you.
Kelly, I sanded the electrodes. No change. And the left rear burner does not always stop clicking. But sometimes does. Additionally, I touched the front right burner wire where it connects to the 6 point re igniter and got shocked with some electrical current, does that indicate anything?
You have a short in the wiring somewhere. That is why the ignition system is having issues, the ground system has been compromised. I suspect you will need to have it professionally repaired at this point.
You could try but I suspect you have other issues in the wiring.
Kelly, Appliance Technician