How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Rico_Soma Your Own Question
Rico_Soma, Customer Service
Category: Appliance
Satisfied Customers: 21799
Experience:  Gas service manager
Type Your Appliance Question Here...
Rico_Soma is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I would like to disconnect a gas range and also

Customer Question

I would like to disconnect a gas range for removal and also a dishwasher. What would be the procedures to do this? Also, what kind of professional technician can perform this work?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Rico_Soma replied 2 years ago.
A plumber can do both. Most ranges utilize a flexible connector to make the final connection to the gas line so the shut off/gas cock for the range would be shut off, the connector would be disconnected from the range and the gas line and the gas line (must be) gets capped. For the DW the access panel (at the toe kick on most units) is removed, the water to the DW is shut off then the water line disconnected at the DW as well as the drain hose where it connects to the sink drain or disposal. That drain connection is capped so it doesn't leak if the sink will be used before the new unit is installed. The water line usually isn't capped since the shut off should hold tight