Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I HAVE THE WHIRLPOOL REFRIGERATOR MODEL WRX735SDBM00 AND THE

Customer Question

I HAVE THE WHIRLPOOL REFRIGERATOR MODEL WRX735SDBM00 AND THE DOOR AJAR ICON REMAINS ON. WITH THE ICON REMAINING ON, THE INTERIOR LIGHT DOES NOT COME ON. IF I DISCONNECT IT; IT WILL COME ON ONLY FOR MAYBE 5 MINUTES.
THE DOORS ARE COMPLETELY SHUT FOR WHICH THE STORE SALESMAN INDICATED THAT IT IS PROBABLY ON THE DEMO MODE. HOW CAN I RESET THIS ICON? WE ARE UNABLE TO GET ICE AND DISPENSE WATER.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
So to start, the unit is not in demo mode, the salesman doesn't know what he's talking about. The problem is that your refrigerator thinks the door is being left open. The board is designed to turn all lights off if the door is left open after 10 minutes or so because it doesn't want the lights to heat up and melt the inner liner of the refrigerator. Then the only way to reset the light is to close the door (which apparently it's not recognizing) or cutting power to the refrigerator. The dispenser doesn't work because the dispenser won't work if it thinks the door is open. That all being said, it sounds like one of your door switches has failed. Below is a link to the door switch you'll need to order and replace which is about $20. At the bottom of the link is a video that shows you how to replace the part if you wanted to try to do it yourself. CLICK HERE for door switch We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you so much for troubleshooting my problem, I'm relieved at your resolution. I rate your response and expertise an A+ or a 10 being the highest. Just one thing, which door would needs the switch?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
Since the issue stops the water dispenser from working, that means the left door switch inside the refrigerator is failing.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have done nothing in as of late, the door ajar icon went off and the internal light is working. My problem now is, the ice maker, water dispenser is not working and it appear not to be cooling proper inside the refrigerator.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
For that issue you'd need a technician out because if it's not cooling properly the sealed system would need to be checked out which is not something you can do yourlse.