How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tech Michael Your Own Question
Tech Michael
Tech Michael, Home Appliance Technician
Category: Appliance
Satisfied Customers: 9568
Experience:  20+ years exp. repairing all types of home appliances, Computer repair
Type Your Appliance Question Here...
Tech Michael is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need the procedure to take apart my microwave doorThe

Customer Question

I need the procedure to take apart my microwave door
The touch pad circuit board needs to be replaced
Kitchen aid YKHMS2050SS – 2
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tech Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi I am Tech Michael I don't see that model listed, is your touchpad in the door or along side of the door?
Expert:  Tech Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi I see it now, this one isn't listed, typically there are screws at th top or bottom on the doors edge that need to be removed for this repair. Once they are out the touch pad is easily replaced.I will stick with you until this is done. You can get free advice on this one form KitchenAid Here:Call the KitchenAid Customer experience Center toll free:1-***-***-****.They will tell you exactly how to do this and may even provide a diagram free of charge;-)Please let me know if you need further assistance, this one for some reason has no data for this repair but KitchenAid does;-)Have a great evening.Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hello Michael
I had already phoned that number and They Will Not Give That Info out. Sorry I didn't mention that when I sent in my question to you.
That's why I have contacted Just Answer.
Expert:  Tech Michael replied 2 years ago.
H now worries I thought they may say that.You can use thee guys.If you visit this site, they may have this answer for you there is a live chat on the top of the page, let me know how that goes. you can use these guys as well: have help available as well for this model;-)Thank you for your patience and please rate my service to you kindly at this time before closing the page. I will still be here with you until this is complete and you are satisfied, no cost for the rating;-)Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have also tried them same thing they will only help with the part
Expert:  Tech Michael replied 2 years ago.
H Appliance parts pros usually will help you with the replacement.I will check to see if any other is available. Some of these new doors don't have anything but tiny plastic clips on the inside of the door frame and you simply pry the inside panel away if you can see the tabs a bit. This would require looking really well with a bright light source and a thin blade screwdriver. Let me know what you find there as well.Thank youTech Michael