Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

The door on my whirlpool duet will not unlock I put something in washer to wash but nothin

Customer Question

The door on my whirlpool duet will not unlock I put something in washer to wash but nothing is happening an door is not opening
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
It sounds like your door lock may have failed if the tub isn't even full of water and you're not getting an error code. To unlock the door, remove the 3 screws along the bottom of the lower front panel. The panel will then pull straight down and off. Once you remove this panel you can reach up behind the upper front panel and pull down on the small plastic pull tab attached to the bottom of the door lock assembly. This will manually unlock the door so you can open the door.Now try the washer again. If the issue re-occurs and you wait 30 minutes with no error code appears or the unit doesn't start beeping, you need to replace the door latch assembly. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?