Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a frigidaire model LSHS2634KP0 with no power, no lights,

Customer Question
no panel led, i changed...
I have a frigidaire model LSHS2634KP0 with no power, no lights, no panel led, i changed the main control board and still no power. I have power through the connectors in back and power to the main board where it first enters. Nothing runs or lights up.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Appliance
Pressing the off/on button on the led panel doesn't turn it on either. I can't find a fuse or end device that may be preventing the frig to power up. Every thing looks good behind the front freezer door led panel where I found another board.
After disconnecting the compressor plug, no voltage, no power to door switches or interior lights. No power to condenser fan or fan relay.
Answered in 3 days by:
7/15/2015
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 3 years ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! If you have verified power to the refrigerator from the outlet, the issue is with the main control board. That board is mounted under the refrigerator in a plastic box in the front. Is that the board you replaced? The power comes into that control on J2-1 Line Voltage and J2-4 Neutral. Do you have a mater to test that power at the control with?
I am at work now so I won't be able to perform any hands on tests. I have power at the j2 connection. I wrote in the problem area that I have already installed a new main power board. It came mounted in a new plastic tray just like the old one. That is the third master board that has been installed. One was changed by a tech while the unit was still on warranty.
And yes it is the one under the front of the frig.
Thank you. I saw you has posted that but most people do not know about that board under there. If you have power there, the issue is with that board. Something is damaging that control or you have really bad luck. I suspect there is something damaging it, like a shorted component. I would recommend unplugging the compressor and replacing that board again and see if it lights up at least. With it being dead, there is not much for other options.
I am not going to purchase another board because I am up to more in parts that the frig is worth. I can't believe so many boards can be bad. The others ran for a few months but I have never had a no power anywhere other than where it enters the board before. I thought you may know of a component, relay, capacitor or end device that has caused problems in this model.
The board has been problematic. They have a 1 year warranty on them. Where are you buying them from?
I can't remember for sure but I think it was "appliance repai clinic" or domething similar. I know it has clinic in the name. Like I said, I am at work and don't have that info available.
Typing on iPhone now.
Repair Clinic has a one year no matter what warranty. I would return it for a replacement.
I will call them ASAP and ask them if I can return it.
If it is less than a year, they will allow it. They are very easy to work with. Keep m e posted.
I purchased it a couple of weeks ago. I will let you know what they tell me.
They will take it back, not to worry.
Kelly, I am at home now and can actually do some more testing. I told you that I read 120 volts at j2. I do not. I get the voltage coming in at j1. What do I do next?
J1-9 to J1-2 should read 120 VAC, is that where you are reading that voltage?
Yes on j1. Your first comment stated j2-1 and j2-4. I get no voltage there.
Okay, so voltage at the board is verified. I still believe that board is faulty. I had to use a different model for tech info because both you list are inaccurate. There are two different inputs. Your model is LGHS2634KP0.
That is the exact model number I stated in the first sentence the other day. I am going to call repair clinic and see they will replace the board. I will keep you informed.
Just talked to repair clinic and they are shipping new board today. They will give me credit when I get the faulty board back to them. I will keep you informed. I really need this unit working again ASAP.
" I have a frigidaire model LSHS2634KP0 with no power, no lights..." Keep me posted. I would check to be certain you have a good ground and neutral connection before you install new board. Also, I would recommend installing a surge protector in the outlet.
Kelly, I just received the new master control board from Repair Clinic, hooked it up, plugged it in and still same results. No power anywhere. I definitely have power to the board. What do you recommend next?
I am at a loss, I am out of ideas. I have never seen one have power to a known good board and be totally dead. I suspect something is damaging the boards but I have no ideas beyond that. I will place your question back to the list for others to see in case another has run across this issue before.
I appreciate you trying. I had someone plug it in while I looked at the panel, boards etc. I didn't see or hear anything.