Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Have ge profile micrwave pvm1879sm3ss. just noticed vent above

Customer Question

have ge profile micrwave pvm1879sm3ss. just noticed vent above the door is open and wont close
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
You'll need to remove the screws coming in form the top of the vent and slide the vent to the left 1 inch and then pull the vent cover off. Check the vent louver motor and try to wiggle it in case it's jammed. If you don't see anything wrong and it won't reset, that vent motor needs to be replaced because it's stuck open. Below is a link to the part so you can see what you're looking for. CLICK HERE for vent motor We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Please be advised. Have not attempted to remove vent door yet. I am sure your information is accurate and helpful.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
OK, well let me know if there is something else you need. I am still waiting for the question to be rated so I can close this question out.