MRANSWER
MRANSWER, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 YRS EXP. FACTORY TRAINED AND AUTHORIZED ON ALL MAJOR BRANDS
13971964

I have a U-line CLR2060 that stopped making ice. It seems

Customer Question

I have a U-line CLR2060 that stopped making ice. It seems to have too much water running through the chill tray. When I close the water supply it makes perfect ice until the chill tray empties. I changed the water inlet valve thinking it was sticking open. No change. Is the control panel bad, telling the valve the open too often? Thanks.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  MRANSWER replied 2 years ago.
Yes, the board is telling the valve to be open all the time and that is incorrect. Replace it and your machine will work again.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
After finally getting the correct control board and installing, no change in function. I did not change to the new thermistors that came with it. Using the old ones. Still making weak, watery ice. Increasing the cube thinkness doesn't help much.
Expert:  MRANSWER replied 2 years ago.
Use the new thermistors as the new board would not have come with them for no reason.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
New thermistors in, no change. I am capturing the discharge water and it is taking about a gallon of wasted water per cycle of ice. When I turn the water off and and let it continue to run, it makes nice ice (ie. Keeping the cold water for the next cycle). So far water valve, control board, and thermistors changed. I wish I could shorten the makeup water cycle time.
Expert:  MRANSWER replied 2 years ago.
I am stumped then. I would have done nothing different here.