John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

Rf32fmqdbsr refridgerator not cooling but freezer is working

Customer Question

rf32fmqdbsr refridgerator not cooling but freezer is working
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
Good morning. So there are really too many possibilities at this point to narrow down what the problem is since this is a dual evaporator system so the refrigerator and freezer are completely independent. You'll need to start by pulling everything out of the freezer and removing all the shelves so you can see the back wall. There is a white plastic cover panel directly in the middle against the back wall which covers up the refrigerator evaporator and fan motor and such. Remove this cover and look at the silver coils to see if they are packed with frost or lightly frosted from top to bottom, or no frost, or if the drain trough below the silver coils is overflowing with ice/water. Lastly, shut the refrigerator doors for 30 seconds and open the doors quickly to confirm if the fan above the silver coils is running.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
the back wall has already been replaced
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
That isn't the point. You need to inspect and see what it looks like before you can have any idea of what is causing the problem.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
there is no frost on the back wall the fan wasnt working so the back wall was changed
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
That sounds like multiple problems so either something you're saying isn't accurate or you have multiple problems. I'm going to opt out as I would need to be there to inspect this issue myself to be able to tell you what to do.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ty
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i was incorrect here there is aliitle frost on the back wall behind it