John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

Water dispenser started shooting water out suddenly. I turned

Customer Question

Water dispenser started shooting water out suddenly. I turned ice maker to locked position. Water stopped, but then it began beeping irregularly.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 2 years ago.
Hello from JA My name is***** will be glad to assist you today. I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 34 Years, and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 60,000 phone and internet repairs under my belt.Please explain how did you turn the icemaker to a locked position?And with the beeping do you have any blinking lights on the dispenser display ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Just held in the lock button. The Lock/Unlock light is flashing.
I have a sick baby today too, so slow response.
ok this lock is it for the dispenser or for just the icemaker?and is this lock button is it on the dispenser on the door ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes, button is on door, left side freezer door. It controls all water & ice functions.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Lock button is for all through the door functions and is on the outside of the freezer door.
ok and it you tun it back on do you get the water ,and does the beeping stop?just need to turn it on for a few seconds then you can turn it back off!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It did not respond to the touch. Beeping continues to be intermittent, without a pattern.
the lock button did not respond to the touch or the water coming out of the dispenser?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
For the third time, the button did not respond, did not turn off, did not allow functions to work.
ok Im trying to help you if you want some one else to try and assist you I can opt out of your question if you would like?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have a sick baby and cannot guarantee that I can talk live.
ok I have not asked you if you wanted me to call . I did not even participate in the live call option I do not work in a Just Answer office, I work from a different state.,out of my own appliance business so if you were send a phone offer it was not from me.You just seemed upset that I was trying to be thorough!so now not only do you get the dispenser leaking ,you have the beeping and now the dispenser lock will not respond correct?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
This has not been helpful at all today. The technician did not offer any meaningful response. I want my fee to be refunded because nothing has transpired beyond describing the problem and asking questions. No answers or possible causes have been offered.