How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tyler Z. Your Own Question
Tyler Z.
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Category: Appliance
Satisfied Customers: 79500
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
Type Your Appliance Question Here...
Tyler Z. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

We have many Whirlpool units in our Dental Offices (example

Customer Question

We have many Whirlpool units in our Dental Offices (example SR# *****) The pressure switch is apparently failing on the washing machines and causing some minor flooding in the practices. The repair tech has advised us that Whirlpool has agreed to replace the air pressure switches and attached hose. Can you give me details as to how to proceed when we see this problem again to make sure we don't pay a repair company for this when it's covered by Whirlpool?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
Unless the unit is less than 1 year old, there is no way to avoid paying a trip charge to at least have someone come out there and inspect to see what the problem is. It's technically out of warranty so the fact that a manufacture would come in and warranty it is a case by case basis. If the unit is less than a year old, just call Whirlpool directly and they will send a warranty technician out at no charge to fix the problem. Now in the case that it's over a year old but you think that Whirlpool might cover the problem, you would want to call an authorized servicer in your area and if you don't know who is authorized in your area--contact Whirlpool and they can tell you who is authorized. They will come out and check out the appliance for their standard trip charge and if they think they can contact Whirlpool to cover the issue out of warranty, they will contact them and you're only out the trip charge. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
My question had nothing to do with a trip charge, I’m trying to find out if Whirlpool is covering the pressure switches, and what the terms and conditions are for that if any.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
That is simple. If it's over a year old, then Whirlpool won't cover a thing unless you somehow get them to agree. If the unit is less than a year old, the warranty is generally void as well because the appliance is in a commercial setting so unless you can get Whirlpool to agree to fix the issue, you will always be on your own and they will cover nothing.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I'm trying to find out if Whirlpool has made a warranty exception to cover the pressure switch which seems to be a high failure part. I don't need to know about what the standard warranty covers, the repair tech says Whirlpool is covering this regardless of warranty status. I'll take this up directly with Whirlpool since you don't seem to know the answer.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
No, I have a very clear answer for you---I just think it's not the answer you wanted to hear. That isn't something I can control. They have not made an exception. That would be on a case by case issue. The part was never recalled and there is no exception without speaking to them directly and working something out and them possibly covering it under warranty if they wanted to keep you as a customer. That is very unlikely, but that is the only thing that could change your fortune.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Why am I being charged $23 dollars for what was advertized to be $5??