Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a LG WM0532HW (front loading washer). Soon after the

Customer Question

I have a LG WM0532HW (front loading washer). Soon after the drum fills with water a leak occurs with water visibly running down from the top or open end of the drum, between the black balance weight and the outer drum. When looking up into the washer from underneath and looking toward the front, you can easily see the bottom black balance weight that is connected to the front of the outer drum. On the bottom of that balance weight that overlaps or hangs about 1 1/2 inches under the bot***** *****p of the outer drum, I can see a 3-4 inch wide water residue mark on the black balance weight. See photo at link shown below to another forum. After a normal cycle is run, about 1/2 to 1 cup of water leaks from the spot indicated. Obviously water is leaking into the area from above the spot where I can visibly see it. I inspected the door boot seal (while installed in the door opening, I did not remove it) and could not find any visible holes, leaks, or gaps anywhere. I'm hoping that someone has experienced or seen the same evidence of the leak that I described and knows exactly what the actual source of the leak is. I have additional pictures I can email you.
Read more: http://forum.appliancepartspros.com/washer-repair/561218-water-leak-seal-between-outer-drum-balance-weight.html#ixzz3fM9R3Pw6
http://forum.appliancepartspros.com
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! If the seal is in good shape with no holes or tears, there is probably a hole in the tub. You will have to remove the door boot and probably that counter weight to inspect the tub. Let me know what you find.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Were you able to see the photo that shows the white water marks on the balance weight where the water is leaking down? If not, I have uploaded the photo to this site so you can see it. Let me know if your opinion changes. I'm at work now and will check the tub out as soon as possible and get back with you. Thanks for your response.
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 years ago.
Yes, I was able to view the attachment on the APP forum. It may be running down from the top and just p[resenting there or the leak may be at the tub. I still suspect it will need to be disassembled for inspection.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I won't be able tear the washer apart until this weekend and see if the issue is with the tub. Please allow me to do that and get back to you with what I find, and to keep this question and conversation open until I verify the exact problem. Thank you.
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 years ago.
Sure,no worries. Please disregard any automated messages you may receive, I have no control over those.