Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Experience:  30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line
16832328

I can not unlock the lock button on my Maytag Dryer

Customer Question

Submitted: 2 years ago via ApplianceRepair.Net.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 2 years ago.
Hello from JA My name is***** will be glad to assist you today. I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 34 Years, and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 60,000 phone and internet repairs under my belt.What buttons are you pressing to unlock the control panel?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The hold to start button. Like I usually do. I have had the dryer since November 2014. This is the first time the lock will not unlock by holding the "start Button" for 3 seconds
you need to press and hold the control lock button on the right side of the console.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes, I know that. The left button is only for power on/off. The right button is the start button which when held down for 3 seconds activates the lock, or deactivates it. But this is not working.
no on the right side of the console you have a button that says control lock .
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
This is not a button. It's a window box only with a red light on when Lock On is activated
here is the use and care guide for the model number you gave me refer to page #8 http://www.whirlpool.com/digitalassets/MLPDF/Use%20and%20Care%20Guide%20-%20W10596022.pdf
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
You are not telling me anything I don't already know. I read this before I launched my request to "just answer" . The instructions regarding the lock is what I know and how I have used the dryer for the past 8 months. But now suddenly it will not unlock. I am guessing you are not familiar with this problem ?
but you keeps saying your pushing the start button it is not the start button but the actual control lock button .((The right button is the start button which when held down for 3 seconds activates the lock, ) or are you just saying start and mean the control lock button The start button is right below the time display window.
I`m only going by what you are telling me!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes the start button is under the time display. The display shows lc and doesn't unlock when depressing the start button(for 3 sec) below it.
correct to unlock the control DO NOT press the START button ,press the control lock button!!The start button will NOT unlock the control panel
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for your patience. But I am out of town for a week. And may have it repaired while I am gone, I will be out of Internet range.
Thanks anyway.
ok good luck!If you have any questions just reply back to me .If you need me again for any other issues you can request me Whrlp Master Tech. And Even after you rate me Today if you have a question just reply back to me, I will still assist you, no extra charges . But rating me is the ONLY way I get paid for my time.