Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Bosch Oven - HBN 645 A UC Serial # ***** 104847 Oven

Customer Question
doesn't heat. Placing oven in...
Bosch Oven - HBN 645 A UC Serial # ***** 104847 Oven doesn't heat. Placing oven in "Bake Mode" with temp at 300... Heat indicator doesn't come on and oven doesn't get hot. However, if you slightly open the door... the heat light indicator comes on...
weird that opening the door would turn on the heating element.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Appliance
7/9/2015
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 3 years ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! I suspect there is a short in the wiring or you have lost one side of your breaker. Is the oven actually heating when you open the door? Turn the breaker off and on a couple times, you may have lost one side of the 240 VAC needed to run the heat. Do you have a meter to verify proper voltage to the oven?
Hi Kelly,Yes it actually doesn't heat with the door closed but heats with the door open. What breaker are you referring to? The main breaker in the service box or is there one as part of the stove?
The main box, in your home.
REset breakers.... no difference. Heat indicator light doesn't go on until I open the door.
When I have more time I will check the voltage with a meter.
I understand, thank you.