Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Experience:  30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line
16832328

Have a ge jvm1790k01 microwave. i need to replace handle. i

Customer Question

Have a ge jvm1790k01 microwave. i need to replace handle. i removed bushing aroung glassbut handle screws are no reachable. removed 3 screws around iner section. can not get inner section to move. i see what seem to be clips on left side of door, but they don't move. used screw driver and flatbladed knife. Please advise.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 2 years ago.
Hello from JA My name is***** will be glad to assist you today. I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 34 Years, and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 60,000 phone and internet repairs under my belt. to gain access to the door handle screws you need to separate the inner and outer door halves .Here is a video on the replacement , when you pry the time off you will break some of the tabs but it will still hold .https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBPpsvZDWp8