Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

My washing machine stops washing mid cycle. Im pretty

Customer Question

hi, my washing machine stops washing mid cycle.
Im pretty handy so I read things online. one of your answers really helped also. I have the manual that was inside and I have the error codes. but that's where I freeze.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! A faulty inverter will not cause fill or drain issues. However, those could be old error codes that are stored and the problem with the drain and fill has been rectified. if it stopped mid cycle, the colt inlet may have issues. Will it start to fill with cold water in a cold wash or is it totally down now?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
well, it is currently stuck in a cycle. frozen, I cant move any buttons, lights on but nothing moves. I was successful in turning off the breaker to the washer and after a few minutes turning it on. Only once out of trying like 8 times was I successful in getting it to start running again. it reset to an hour where it had been at 29 minutes prior and it starting a cycle over. it again stopped at about 30 minutes as well.
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 years ago.
It sounds like the main control is having issues. If the inverter was faulty, it would not have reset with a power cycle.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ok, thanks. I have to say it took a little over 24hours to get a response. when I initiated the question, a little chat box opens up and is prompting me to ask my question, and is says Handyman Smithy is available to help you. I asked, I paid, then I heard nothing back for more than 24 hours. Not right.Thank you for your reply-I called Sears this morning.
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 years ago.
I understand, sometimes the expert opts out of answering the question so it goes back to the general list for another to look at. I am sorry it was not useful for you this time around.