How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Whrlp Master Tech Your Own Question
Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Category: Appliance
Satisfied Customers: 10123
Experience:  30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line
Type Your Appliance Question Here...
Whrlp Master Tech is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

There appears to be rust buildup in one corner of the microwave.

Customer Question

There appears to be rust buildup in one corner of the microwave. It is difficult to clean. Could this lead to problems with heating food? What do you suggest?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 2 years ago.
Hello from JA My name is***** will be glad to assist you today. I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 34 Years, and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 60,000 phone and internet repairs under my belt. Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ? and JE1860 is not a full model number , the model number should be in the cavity face frame after the door is opened. And this rust is it in the cooking cavity of the microwave?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The rust is in the cooking cavity and around the inside of the door on the white portion. It looks like it was burnt.
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 2 years ago.
ok this number 3850WID11B is not a model number you were on the right track with the JE1860 but that brings up 35 possible models I would like to narrow it down some.a full model number will look like this JE1860CB002
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 2 years ago.
Thank you .You will need to take a screw driver and scrape the rust off and down to bare metal ,then use this microwave touch up paint to cover the are. If you have any questions just reply back.