Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have a ge front load washer and this am I loaded it,put

Customer Question
Hello, I have a ge...
Hello, I have a ge front load washer and this am I loaded it,put soap in, the door locked, and it wouldn't start. I turned the power off and on again. Nothing - and the door is locked, won't open. The manual said to clean out filter and oh my gosh, it was bad. We have very hard water here in az and I spent 30 min at least cleaning it. Afterwards, I put filter back, closed it and nothing. The door is locked and when I press start it just beeps. I am very un mechanical and hope you can help.. Thankyou
J
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
7/7/2015
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 2 years ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! If the filter is clean and the water is drained, the issue likely lies with the pressure switch circuit. The pressure switch is mounted under the top panel near the top of the machine. It will have a very small hose attached to it. If you remove that hose and blow through it (the hose), does air easily pass?
How does the top panel come off?
There are probably three screws in the back.May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?
model WCVH6800J1WW. There were 3 screws holding the plastic trim on behind the control panel and another one inside the soap drawer. I feel 3 more on the back, will have to move it out to get to them
Correct, the parts breakdown is below. The pressure switch is number 208. CLICK HERE
Pressure switch on right, brown and about 3" diameter with two electrical plugs on it? If so removed hose and air passes thru it easily.
What's next?
Any change in behavior after clearing it?
didn't try anything, it didn't appear to be blocked. I'll give it a try
Okay, see if it changes at all.
no change
Okay, let's see if we can initiate a diagnostics cycle. Please allow me just a few minutes to upload the tech sheet for your machine.
ok
See page 3 of the sheet below. Any error codes able to be retrieved or tests performed? CLICK HERE
No. Plugged in machine, pressed signal-delay-signal-delay. With power off I get two faint beeps after the last press on the delay button. With power on all it does is increase signal volume and delay time. Tried numerous times, unplugged and tried each time within 30 seconds of plugging back in
The control is faulty, nice work! That is a forced function, so if it is not working, that control is bad. The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY! CLICK HERE
OK. Meanwhile how can we get the door open to get the clothes out?
If you reach down to the bottom of the door lock, there is a small circular piece at the bottom of the lock assembly. It is an emergency release. Pull it down and the door will open.
ok got it open. Thanks
Great! Thank you!
Put in a new control board and it is doing the exact same thing, and will still not enter test mode I found a service manual online that states "a failed water level switch can cause an inability to enter the test mode". Is there a test procedure for the water level valve with a pinout?
Yes, the test procedure is through the diagnostics program. Unplug the water level switch, will it go into diagnostics with it unplugged? Do the same with the motor controller unplugged.
The door switch connector was loose, that's all that was wrong
Odd, the diagnostics routine should have been allowed to initiate and the test display an error code for that door switch circuit. In any event, I am glad you got it working. If you purchased that part from the link I sent, it may be returned for a full refund.
Kelly, Appliance Technician