Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I need to install a magnetron in my Kitchen Aid Model # *****

Customer Question

I need to install a magnetron in my Kitchen Aid Model # ***** 145 JWH1.
This is the same as the JSS1 (part # ***** 392296. How do I do it?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
First, the magnetron if you haven't already. If you have the part, then you need to uninstall the entire microwave and set it on the counter. Remove all the screws coming in from the sides and around the edges coming in from the back of the microwave. The entire outer shell will then pull straight back, up, and off. Some of the screws will require a T-20 SAFETY torx bit so you may need to get a new bit to remove these screws. Once the outer shell is removed, you can remove the magnetron through the right side which is mounted by 4 bolts. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?