John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

Dave, my problem is not resolved but I thought I might

Customer Question

Hi Dave, my problem is not resolved but I thought I might have to rate you before you would respond to follow-up questions. I left two comments/questions on the previous page, hope you can help.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Tech Dave replied 2 years ago.
Hello again. No you did not need to rate to respond. I checked the other thread but did not see additional comments. What were you comments and questions?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I watched the video and her piece seems to attach smoothly. She talks about spring-loaded, but the only spring is on the bottom extending toward the mixer blade portion. But there are no breaks or broken off pieces on either the rotor or the KitchenAid, so I went on-line and checked parts diagrams, and everything looks OK. I have a KT series mixer, so I think it should be ok, but am kind of frustrated. Any other suggestions?
I agree that it should fit. I looked at my mixer and don't see a reason why it won't fit. It could be the adaptor is molded wrong. I'm not sure what spring she is talking about either. The Kitchenaid counter top appliance line has experts that have all the mixers and attachments so they can go look and see exactly what to tell you to look for. I still think it is a problem with the adaptor.