John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

We have a Norcold fridge power boat and the latch system

Customer Question

We have a Norcold fridge for our power boat and the latch system is no longer working...
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.
Welcome, my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you with your problem today. If anything isn't clear, please just ask me.
Hello, I'm so sorry for the extended wait time. Do you still need help with this?
If so, I will try to locate some information on this for you.
Do you have the model number?
Thanks Rob
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Do not know the model number except that it is a small undercounter fridge that we had installed into our Sea Ray power boat... it has a top mounted mechanical latching system which engages a small round stainless steel pin to keep the door locked when the door is in a locked position. The handle/latch does not release the stainless steel pin any longer .... I believe the reason for the problem is that our guests on the boat tried to force open the door without releasing the latch first. Regards Gord
Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.
Hi Gord
Thanks
I know the system you mean but there are several types, sorry
If you can open the door , the model number is ***** a plate, normally by the ice box
Thanks
Rob