Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have model LFC22740SW and the icemaker does not work. It…

Customer Question
I have model LFC22740SW and...
I have model LFC22740SW and the icemaker does not work. It has been replaced 3 times with brand new icemakers and still does not work. There is water to the fridge, has water pressure and still does not work. We watched the video on how to replace the switch but my model does not have a switch. Please advise.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Appliance
7/4/2015
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 3 years ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! We need to determine if the issue lies with the ice maker or the water valve. Manually fill the ice maker and see if it dumps ice after a few hours. If it does, then the issue lies with the water system and not the ice maker. If it does not, then we need to verify the ice maker is getting power and if the temperature in the freezer is adequately low enough to allow a harvest. Let me know what happens with the manual water fill.
I filled the ice maker with water and it did make ice. YEAH! We have checked the water system and the water gets to the fridge and stops. Could it be the cellinoid between the fridge and the water?
Yes, that inlet valve will need to be replaced. The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY! Valve Assembly <----- CLICK HERE FOR THE CORRECT PART FOR YOUR MODEL