John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

Our kenmore quiet pack 9 washer has stuck in the spincycle

Customer Question

Our kenmore quiet pack 9 washer has stuck in the spincycle of the drain and spend cycle and is flashing F 11. The machinne is not spinning but I cannot unlock the door to get the clothes out.Any ideas?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Tech Dave replied 2 years ago.
Hello, this is Dave. This may be the motor control unit but lets try a few things first. Unplug the washer for a minute and then try it again. If only the pump is running let it run for at least 10 minutes. Let me know what happens.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Unplugged the washer and replugged in. Entire control panel dark. pushed unlock door. No response door still locked. Pushed drain and spin button came on to say controls locked. Pushed and held for 3 seconds control locked light goes out and panel dark and door still locked
Lets unlock the door and see what happens. The bottom panel is held on with 3 screws down near the floor. With the panel off, reach up on the right side about 6" to find the unlock ring. Pull it and the door unlocks. You can get your clothes out and sometimes the washer will reset.