Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a bosch wta3510 and the heating elelemnt comes on in…

Customer Question
I have a bosch wta3510...
I have a bosch wta3510 and the heating elelemnt comes on in a two minute cycle for just a few seconds. This causes the drying cycle to get too long.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Appliance
7/4/2015
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 3 years ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The issue is likely related to poor air flow. If the heat is not recirculating well, it will cause the thermostat to open prematurely. Has the machine been cleaned inside recently? Can you remove the top and check for a build up of lint?
I have taken all the panels off and cleaned everything. It does the same when I remove the duct on the back and also open the right and left side exhaust ports. If I put my hand on the rear exhaust port, the air flow is strong. You can run it in any mode and it does exactly the same thing every time. The heat comes on for a few seconds then it goes off. The cycle is every two minutes. In a two minute cycle, the heat is on for three to four seconds. I have checked the high temp limit switch and it has continuity. I replaced the thermistor as well. I have also replaced the controller. Is there a cycling thermostat that may be at fault or is the cycling of the heat done by a microprocessor? Or is the high temp switch the cycling thermostat. At ambient it has continuity. It also has a red reset button. Does that switch have anything to do with this issue?i have pressed the red reset button at ambient and it does not trigger anything since it has continuity but I don't know if that cuts off the power when the heat comes on for a few seconds and then it resets itself?
What should be the heat cycle on this dryer? I am assuming the heat is supposed to be on a cycle but what is the on/off cycle? How many sec ON and how many sec OFF? What controls the cycle?
There is no specific time, it depends on the amount of clothing in the tub and the dryness of that clothing. The heat cycles on and off according to the temperature sensor that monitors the output temperature of the exhaust. If you remove panels to watch it cycle, it will affect the air flow across the element. So, the only way to tect the heat cycle is to monitor the output temperature at the exhaust, it should be around an average of 150* F.
So what is then wrong? What am I missing? The heating element is good, it has a new controller, the thermistor is good. The high temp switch has continuity. So what is wrong?
Are you able to measure the temperature at the exhaust to see if it is a heating issue or an air flow issue? Is this vented outside? If so, if you remove the vent to allow it to vent into the room, is the drying time decreased?
There is plenty of air flow. I can remove the exhaust connection and vent to the room. The heating element comes on for about three to four seconds in a two min cycle. This is but enough to time to heat the air.
Is the air flow the same volume outside the home, though, if vented outside? Does it dry better with the vent detached?
It makes no difference. The heat comes on for a few seconds no matter if I have the exhaust connected or not.
If you have wet clothing in the dryer, does it change? If you are testing with an empty drum, it will cycle quickly. Do you have a thermometer to test the exhaust temperature average?
It does not matter. I have tried it with an empty or full load. The heater comes on for a few seconds every two minutes.
I need specific answers to the questions I ask you to be able to help you. At this point I feel another may be better able to assist you and will place your question back to the list for others to see.
I do have a thermometer but what I am telling you is that the heat only comes on for three to four seconds every two inured. This is not enough to heat the air to the point that you can even notice a difference. The only reason I know the year comes in U.S. By placing my hand on the back of the dryer where the testing event is. I am not sure what question you gave asked me that I have not answered. I am telling you what is happening with the dryer. The heat comes in for a few seconds every two minutes. What does that tell you?