Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a kitchen aid with an in door ice bucket. The release…

Customer Question
Hi. I have a kitchen...
Hi. I have a kitchen aid with an in door ice bucket. The release isn't working and I can't get the ice bucket out if the door. I've run hot water through it. My fear is that its incorrectly on the door or otherwise jammed. Any ideas how to get the darn thing off. Also the ice would not come out of the door even though I can hear a motor.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Appliance
7/2/2015
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 3 years ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Hello from JA My name is***** will be glad to assist you today. I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 34 Years, and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 60,000 phone and internet repairs under my belt. Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ? If the ice container release button is not working and it is not frozen ,you will have to force the container off the door ,the best way is to push on one side then the other and hopefully unlock it that way..and if you can hear the dispenser motor then yes it probably is not on the door correctly
It that were possible, I would of solved the problem before I sent a note. Any other suggestions?
forcing it is the ONLY other way to get it off if the release is NOT working !!
there is no hidden button or reset button if the latch release does not work the container has to be forced off the door .end of story
If you can not force it off ,I would recommend calling a service call to have a professional look at it