Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Just got a GE model dishwasher model GDT580SSF5SS and can't

Customer Question

Just got a GE model dishwasher model GDT580SSF5SS and can't get it to start. Orange light blinks and it plays a tune, but doesn't turn on.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! I suspect the door switch may be having issues. When you close the door, does it close easily and smoothly and not hit the cabinets or bind at all?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The door won't close all the way. The racks are pushed in. This is the second dishwasher they installed. The door fell apart on the first after using it a few times so they replaced it with the same model.
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 years ago.
That is the reason it will not work. The door switch is not closing. Can you tell why the door will not close?