Randy 43
Randy 43, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs experience 18 in home,gas license , refrigeration expert
13202342

Can you tell me why there water coming from the bottom of my

Customer Question

Can you tell me why there water coming from the bottom of my freezer also there moisture in my refrigerator.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Randy 43 replied 2 years ago.
is there a sheet of ice on the bottom of the freezer floor ? under the basket ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes
Expert:  Randy 43 replied 2 years ago.
that means your freezer drain is plugged up due to a sticking drain grommet , are you a mechanical person? are you able to leave the fridge off for 24 hours ? there is a easy fix if you can do those things?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I dont. Know if I'm. Mechanical but. I'm. Willing. To try i can leave it off for. 24hrs. I really. Need it for the 4th
Expert:  Randy 43 replied 2 years ago.
im sorry ,had to step out
Expert:  Randy 43 replied 2 years ago.
if you leave it off ,,you would need to pull the fridge , remove the bottom cover at the back , there you will see a black dome ,that is the compressor ,to the left is a fan ..you unplug the fridge and just to the right of the fan is a tube with a rubber grommet on the end , you peel that off , and snip with scissors or whatever works ? the end of that grommet so that both sides are unable to stick together ,then you reassemble everything , that is the problem ,that drain grommet sticks ..you dont have to do it now ,after the 4th is fine ,you can just get that big piece of ice out of the freezer and it will give you a few days till it builds up again ,whenever you are ready to do it
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok )
Expert:  Randy 43 replied 2 years ago.
good luck