How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask John Your Own Question
John, Home Appliance Technician
Category: Appliance
Satisfied Customers: 13453
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
Type Your Appliance Question Here...
John is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Older Maytag washer filling tub completely and running over.

Customer Question

Older Maytag washer filling tub completely and running over. Help me find the source of the problem so I may ordfer a part(s) Thanks! Ben
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 2 years ago.
Hello from JA My name is***** will be glad to assist you today. I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 34 Years, and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 60,000 phone and internet repairs under my belt. You have a defective pressure switch .It will need to be is a link to the part . If you have any questions just reply back.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks. I will order that part and try it BUT how do we know that it is nt the punp and/or the intake valve as well, please? Ben
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 2 years ago.
the pump has nothing to do with water coming into the washer .and if it is a water valve the only way you will get the water to stop filling is to turn the water supply off .You did not say you could not get it to stop filling ,is that your issue?Or does it just overflow ,you turn the timer off and the water stops?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Cannot get it to stop filling so it overflows. The timer appears to be finished with the cycle yet continues to fill and overflow. Ben
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The link for the pressure switch that you gave me shows that the part is BACKORDERED. Can you suggest another source, please? Thanks, Ben
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 2 years ago.
sure!Here is another one can purchase the part from any appliance parts dealer.