Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I bought a rental unit that has a Kenmore stacking washer/dryer

Customer Question

I bought a rental unit that has a Kenmore stacking washer/dryer model #: 796.41272211. The unit had been vacant for three months and when I opened the door to the washer it smelled like mold. Though I added 2 cups of white vinegar (total of 4 cups) and ran it through 2 cycles, it's still moldy smelling. I can't locate a manual for this front loading model online (only TOP Loading manual is online). I have drained all the water via the drain tube and cap at the bottom of the washer.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
You will need to run the washer through several cycles with a product called "Washer Magic" which you can pick up at Lowes or order on-line. These units do hold water inside of them so if the unit hasn't been used in 3 months then there likely is mold and mildew which will need to be removed by using this product. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?