Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

HAVE lg electric range model LRE30755st replaced burner elemet

Customer Question
tested worked fine with metal...
HAVE lg electric range model LRE30755st replaced burner elemet tested worked fine with metal cover off put metal cover back on back of stove and turned breaker on and it kept tripping breaker i held breaker on and shorted something out saw small amount o smoke come out took metal cover off and saw wires touching now no power to stove
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 hour by:
7/1/2015
Appliance Technician: Jon, Appliance Technician replied 2 years ago
Jon
Jon, Appliance Technician
Hello My name is ***** ***** I am an appliance expert here and I can help you tonight. It definitely sounds like you had shorted the main control board by holding the breaker down after having the wires touching. And if you take a quick whif of the board you should smell some burnt wire kind of smell. This will signify the board beeing burnt out. And if nothing stays on or even if the board doesnt light up at all, this is another indication the board is bad.I will get the part info for you now.
Just looked up parts for your model range and there are quite a few boards in there. Can you please take a look at the following exploded view diagrams and tell me which board is burnt or smells burnt? Just click the image or link below to open and view exploded view diagrams for the control panel area for your machine.
http://www.searspartsdirect.com/lg-range-parts/model-LRE30755ST/3204/0124111/F0903019/00002.html
Like I said above, there are a few boards in your machine, I would hate to tell you to replace one without seeing it for myself or having you take a look to confirm and then install it to not fix the issue because it was the wrong board.
First take a look on your machine with power off to it and tell me what board is burnt or failing and then take a look at the exploded view diagrams and tell me what board is failing on your machine. Thanks.
replaced and nothing
You still hadn't responded to me until now. But haven't told me that you look at the diagram I sent to you. What did you replace?
Without the proper information from you I can't help you to the best of my ability. Making this quick and as painless for you as possible. Please get back to me and first let me know if you looked at the diagrams and then tell me what board had burnt and lastly, what did you replace.
Jon
Jon
Jon, Appliance Technician