Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Experience:  30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line
16832328

Good morning. I have a similar question to that above. I

Customer Question

Good morning. I have a similar question to that above. I have a 90+ Series Kenmore top fill washing machine. I am not a savvy mechanic, but I replaced the lid switch over the weekend. The machine properly drained after, so I think the installation is correct. However, when I went to remove the housing of the machine, there were three water hoses that were attached. There was also a manifold with three inlets. Before reassembling the machine, I tried to connect the three hoses, but when I restarted the cycle the machine filling sounded different and water began leaking from the bottom. I think the hoses are either connected improperly, or are not intended to be connected to the manifold. Any suggestions?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 2 years ago.
Hello from JA My name is***** will be glad to assist you today. I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 34 Years, and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 60,000 phone and internet repairs under my belt. Can you send a picture of how you have then attached ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I can't take it apart right now, I need to get to it after 2 pm. Can you verify that all three hoses are intended to be connected to the manifold?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
is there a number I can text you the picture?
yes all three need to be attached .This link may help you also to know where the hoses attach under the lid.http://c.searspartsdirect.com/lis_png/PLDM/P0030171-00006.png
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
thanks. What does the manifold connect to?
the manifold connects to the under side of the top panel on the left rear corner
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok. I will take a look and hopefully confirm the connections of follow-up later. Acceptable?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
*or
Sure no problem!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Everything is working fine now. Thanks Woody.
ok so you got the water lines in the correct locations ! Great job .Glad to assist you any time.If you need me again for any other issues you can request me Whrlp Master Tech. And Even after you rate me Today if you have a question just reply back to me, I will still assist you, no extra charges . But rating me is the ONLY way I get paid for my time.