Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

The Panel on my GE Refrigerator TFS28P BBB BS does not work.

Customer Question

The Panel on my GE Refrigerator TFS28P BBB BS does not work. All other elements work The refrigerator and Freezer temps are good the ioce maker is making ice. However, I cannot dispense water or ice nor can I resent after pressing reset button for 30 seconds up to 2 minutes. Do I need to order a new Panel? and if so how should it be installed ( comes with directions?).
Submitted: 2 years ago via ApplianceRepair.Net.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
So you're on the right track and you're correct that you need to replace the dispenser control panel. The problem is that the panel is no longer made and hasn't been made for over 5 years now. I'm not sure if you'd even be able to locate the part, but the part number you'd need is WR55X10003 and it used to cost about $350. It doesn't come with instructions but it is fairly easy to replace, you just slide a flat head screwdriver under the control panel where the display and all the buttons are and pry forward. The panel will unclip at the bottom and pull forward and off so you can unplug it and replace it. Of course, unplug the refrigerator before you service the refrigerator. But again, you may not even have an option of fixing the refrigerator at this point since the part is no longer made I'm sorry to say. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.