Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have Whirlpool model ED5LVAXWQ00. I cannot

Customer Question
I have Whirlpool model ED5LVAXWQ00...
I have Whirlpool model ED5LVAXWQ00. I cannot remove the ice dispenser tub. I depress the blue button on the side but the ice tub will not lift out. I have completely emptied all the ice from the tub - still no luck. The auger still works. Any idea?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Appliance
6/30/2015
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 3 years ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
############################################################################################## Hello from JA My name is***** will be glad to assist you today. I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 34 Years, and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 60,000 phone and internet repairs under my belt. I would have to suspect that either the latch system for the ice container has broken or you have ice under the storage container .If it is the ice you will need a heat gun or hair dryer to melt the ice so the container can be lifted off. This can happen if the dispenser ice door does not seal properly allowing warm air to migrate and melt some of the ice in the container.Let me know if heating it up allows you to then remove the container.
There is no ice under the storage container. All the ice inside and out has been removed with a hair dryer. If the latch has been broken how do I remove the ice container without damaging the auger motor?
You can not see under the ice container so it would be hard to say there is no ice under the container.And if the latch assembly is broken you will have to force the ice container off the door with brute force
I know there is no ice because there is about 1/2 inch gap between the bottom of the basket base and what it rests on. I can see all the way across underneath the base. Brute force it is.
ok so yes you will need to just force it off . If the ice container is cleaned out what is the reason you need to remove the ice container from the door?
To empty ice into coolers etc. So, how does this work? Do I owe you $28. I still have the problem that I cannot take off the ice container.
you asked the question of how does it come off .I answered buy pushing the button or forcing it off .I have no control if the button .latch is broken .You asked a question I answered the question.The web site is Just answer!Not Just fix.
Thank you Sir. When I tried this website, I was asked the question, "How much would you be willing to pay if you are happy with your answer?" I agreed to the suggested $28 and put down the deposit of $5 to start this process. Please do not take this wrong, but I am not happy with the answer. I will agree to pay the $5 to start this process but do not agree to pay the balance of $23. If you have charged me the full amount, please refund me $23. Thank you, ***** *****
Im sorry that YOU can not remove the ice storage container from the door .but I have told you the only two way to get the container off the door.If you are not strong enough to force it off the door how is that my fault.If you got to your medical doctor and he gives you bad news , do you still not have to pay for his doctors office visit!
Thanks for the reply. This isn't personal. Again, when I started this inquiry, the website asked how much would you pay if you were happy with the answer. I am not happy - so I do not want to be charged the entire amount. I agreed to the $5 original fee to begin the conversation. Please advise if you are not going to credit me the $23. If not I will contact the credit card company.
I as an expert never get to see your personal credit info ,that is all done via Just Answer .You will need to contact their admin office for money questions.
thanks - what's the best way to contact them?
through Email is the only way I know of