Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Fridge is not cooling. Freezer still freezing. Just went under…

Customer Question
Fridge is not cooling....
Fridge is not cooling. Freezer still freezing. Just went under fridge and cleaned the coils
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
6/30/2015
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 2 years ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Thanks for your question.
You likely have a defrosting issue. If you check the back panel in the freezer you will find frost on the bottom edge more than likely. If so you need to remove the back panel in the freezer and defrost the evaporator. You then need to check the heater and defrost thermostat for continuity. You may have a control issue, but start there.
How do you defrost the evaporator?
You can either unplug the unit, use a steamer or hairdryer to defrost it.