Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

The lights and such in front of the icemaker of our refrigerator…

Customer Question
The lights and such in...
The lights and such in front of the icemaker of our refrigerator is flashing and there is a clicking sound. We did have a jam of ice and have emptied the icemaker. We turn the power off. When we restarted it the flashing and clicking stopped. After about 20 minutes or so it started back up.
Is there something we can do?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
6/30/2015
Appliance Technician: Jon, Appliance Technician replied 2 years ago
Jon
Jon, Appliance Technician
Hello My name is ***** ***** I am appliance expert here and I can try to help you tonight. Can you please list the model number of the refrigerator for me? And tell me more about the issue you are having? Does it not make ice or just not dispensing it? Or just getting flashing lights and everything else with the ice maker and dispenser is working?
MFI2568AEW
Not worried about making ice right now. We weren't having problems with ice, however, when the tray was emptied, there was a log jam. It is the that clicking I want to stop so I can sleep tonight.
What do you mean a log jam?
Where is the clicking coming from?
Ice was filled up in the tray. Clicking from in front of the icemaker.
This is a newer style french door bottom ref correct? Ice maker in top left of the ref cabinet?
Yes
Ok the ice maker automatic on off lever arm was most likely jamming. Was there a lot of ice in and around the icemaker?
Yes there was.It just stopped flashing and clicking. AMEN to that
There are a lot of known issues with this style and model ice maker. It fails often. And if the clicking is the most you are worried about right now, And have already cleared the ice and it is still cliciking the ice maker itself is damaged. And will need to be replaced.
Okay, will call someone in the morning
Okay. Thank you for all of this info. It helps tremendously. If you have already cleaned all the ice out and have removed the ice maker and set it back in place and it is still clicking then the ice maker itself is failing. The motor or mechanism of the ice maker needs to replaced.
Have you tried just turning the ice maker off and then pulling it out of the ice maker housing? That will fix the easy problems. Usually.
I would hate to see you call a service tech in and pay big bucks to do that and for them just to remove the ice maker and reset it.
We did that a few times. Thanks for you help. It is ok now; won't touch it tonight.
Okay. Please let me know if you need any other help. Thanks.
John, Home Appliance Technician