Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have an LG microwave and while changing the buld it exploded

Customer Question

I have an LG microwave and while changing the buld it exploded and now the exhaust fan wont turn on and it acts like its working while heating food but is not heating at all ....any suggestions on what the problem is or should i buy a new microwave. ....the microwave is not even a year old
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
Changing the light bulb without unplugging the microwave shorts out the relay on the control board. What I would recommend is calling warranty since the unit isn't even a year old and just tell them the microwave isn't working and what it's doing. I'd probably leave out the part where you replaced the bulb or someone like myself wouldn't be able to warranty the microwave even if I wanted to after you disclosed this information. Just remember to unplug the microwave when replacing the bulb in the future
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I dont have a receipt and didnt register the microwave
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
That shouldn't matter unless the microwave was old stock. They can tell by the microwave model and serial number if it's around a year old or so. If absolutely needed, you can also locate receipt from your credit card or bank if you paid by check or credit card if you looked back through your records.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?