Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Kenmore Elite Dishwasher, MD 66513793k607 Serial FT4005360

Customer Question

Kenmore Elite Dishwasher, MD 66513793k607 Serial FT4005360 Machine won't start, lights come on Have cutoff breaker and turn back on. lights up won't start Thanks
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
To start, you don't have a bad fuse because the lights still illuminate on the control panel. The fuse cuts power to everything on the dishwasher including the lights. That means that if you can still select all the different cycles and options, you either have a bad door latch switch or a bad touchpad where the start button has failed. Usually the entire touch control panel is the part that needs to be replaced because it fails often in this manner. If you have a multimeter, you can test continuity through the door switch if you take the door apart and push on the switch to see if it still works. If the switch checks good, then replace the touch control panel---otherwise replace the faulty door switch. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?