Appliance Medic
Appliance Medic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Factory Trained CFC Technician
13570846

I have a GE Profile model PFSS6PKWSS that the temp control

Customer Question

I have a GE Profile model PFSS6PKWSS that the temp control keeps changing along with the bell ringing each time it changes. This may fluctuate for up to and hour at times. Frig and Freezer are both cold and working.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Medic replied 2 years ago.
Hi, when the temp changes how far does it go up or down? Do you have a volt meter? Thanks
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
goes up only a few degrees around 40-42 then it might go back down. Yes I have a volt meter. It's that ringing that's driving me up a wall...lol
So only the refrigerator side fluctuates? The freezer side never moves?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes it does but not all the time . It too only moves a few degrees
You either have a thermistor issue or a control board issue. I suspect a thermistor but you would need to rule that out. The thermistors are inside the refrigerator section. You will need to access them and ohm them out. If they test good, the control has a software issue and will need to be replaced. The sensor should read 6.2k ohms at room temp and in a glass of ice water 16.3k. The board is on the back behind the small access cover. If you need to replace it, it has all plug and play connections. It's a very straight forward repair. You can see where all the temp sensors are in the link below. http://www.appliancepartspros.com/freezer-door-parts-for-ge-pfss6pkwass.html We work on the honor system here at Just Answers. Were not credited for our work until you rate our answers positively. After you rate our answers positively the question does not close. You can come back and ask follow up questions for no additional charge. Thank you