Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Whirlpool Cabrio washer. I am getting a SD code -

Customer Question
I have a Whirlpool Cabrio...
I have a Whirlpool Cabrio washer. I am getting a SD code - Is this an easy fix.
Bill
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Appliance
6/29/2015
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 3 years ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
This is actually quite a complicated error to track down often times. I'll start by explaining the error itself and then what needs to be done to resolve the issue. First, SD stands for "suds" or in other words the washer thinks there is still suds inside the tub. If you're using a detergent that is sudsing too much, change detergents to HE Tide. Run a few cycles with no detergent and rinse the suds out. If there are no suds inside the tub, then you are dealing with a false error. The two other things that would give you an "SD" error are the main control board itself, or the RPS sensor clipped onto the top of the RPS sensor. Neither of these parts can be tested, but the RPS sensor is the part that gives a signal to the main control board to tell it how the motor is struggling so if it thinks there is water or soap in the tub it will give that signal to the board. The main board has a rubber hose that connects to it which also tells the board the water level so if it's not reading properly, it will give this SD error as well.If you removed the basket and everything looked good and the plastic hubs on the bottom of the tub didn't look stripped out, then you're going to have to decide on whether to replace the RPS sensor or the control board. Neither part can be tested and either part can give you the false error so it's a 50/50 guess as to which part is causing your problem. If I had to guess, I would say it's probably the RPS sensor. You'll want to remove the rotor below the tub and look at the stator motor itself because sometimes that will crack and then give a bad reading to the sensor, but if the motor isn't cracked anywhere then replace the sensor. If it's cracked, then replace the stator motor itself.We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?