Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I recently had to have my GE DBSR453EBOWW dryer fixed. I was…

Customer Question
I recently had to have...
I recently had to have my GE DBSR453EBOWW dryer fixed. I was at work when the tech came. For months I have been telling my nephew to stop doing laundry, sometimes 3 times a week, literally for more than 12 hours a day, back to back. The machine was installed in June 2010. He tells me that the tech said, it didnt matter how much laundry he was doing, the dryer would have broken anyway around this time. I ask her Tyler, how can this possibly be true. That boy was doing so much laundry, I questioned whether he was doing commercial laundry. He admitted it was a lot, but then said the tech said it didnt matter. Please help
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Appliance
6/29/2015
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 3 years ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
It certainly matters as far as longevity for the dryer since bearing and wheels and such will wear out sooner than intended. I'm not sure which part failed recently if it was something that was based on usage or it was something like a fuse or thermostat which can fail at any time, but for reference, most new GE dryers are designed to last 8-12 years. That is based on a 3 person occupied house where approximately 5 loads of laundry are done per week. So if the person is running 20 loads of laundry week, that means the dryer will likely only last for up to 3 years before something maintenance related (like a belt, wheel, bearing) fails.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?