How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Kelly Your Own Question
Kelly, Appliance Technician
Category: Appliance
Satisfied Customers: 22915
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
Type Your Appliance Question Here...
Kelly is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a PSW26GW I need to repalce the bulb in the Ice maker

Customer Question

i have a PSW26GW
I need to repalce the bulb in the Ice maker section
also my Ice Maker constatntly freezes up cakes of ice right below the section where the ice maker makes ice on the back wall which cause the maker to stop turning and functioning
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The light bulbs are shown as number 437 in the diagram at the URL below. They are mounted behind the number 258 cover.
As for the ice maker issue, is the caked ice in the form of cubes that build up or more of solid chunk of ice?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Solid chunk of ice.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
also, I viewed the diagram and it seems the bulb your showing is in the refrigerator part, not the freezer but i could be mistaken.
I'm not sure what I'm looking at either. LOL
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Still waitng for your response......................its caked ICE in the back
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 years ago.
The bulbs are at the top of the rear wall in the freezer, just under the ice maker section. There is a plastic cover over them. As for the caked ice, the issue is likely a water inlet valve that is not shutting off right away or leaking by. Is the water pressure at the door pretty good?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Water pressure at the door is good.
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 years ago.
I would recommend replacing the water inlet valve.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok, So where is the water inlet valve? In the rear on the outside of the frige?
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 years ago.
In the back, behind the access panel at the bottom of the cabinet. It is shown as number 800 in the diagram below. CLICK HERE The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY! Water Valve <----- CLICK HERE FOR THE CORRECT PART FOR YOUR MODEL