Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a maytag double drawer dishwasher, model # *****

Customer Question

i have a maytag double drawer dishwasher, model # ***** The top drawer will not stay closed. The bottom drawer works fine. When its working, the drawer is sort of pulled into the washer the last inch or so of travel, but it won't do that now. I replaced the latch kit in the very back, their appears to be what initiates the draw in mechanism, but it still doesn't work.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! If the latch has been replaced, the issue likely lies with the drawer glides, number 4 in the diagram at the URL below. Can you see any issue with those?
http://www.partadvantage.com/diagram/2/160/00000018/680/900
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
they appear to be fine, but something does pull the drawer in the last inch or so of travel when its working correctly. I know this because the bottom drawer still works fine. do you know if its the glides pull the drawer in with like an internal spring like a self-closing cabinet drawer?
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 years ago.
Yes, the glides are what draws the tub in. So, if the drawer glides are not drawing in and nothing is jamming the drawer, they will need to be replaced. The parts are available at the link below. CLICK HERE The service manual is available below. CLICK HERE
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ok thanks Kelly
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 years ago.
You bet, thank you!