Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

GE WSM2420DWW washer is not completing the cycle. It stops…

Customer Question
GE WSM2420DWW washer is not...
GE WSM2420DWW washer is not completing the cycle. It stops after the first spin and does not move to the rinse cycle. I replace the lid switch and this did not help. If you manually turn the know to rinse, then it completes the cycle.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/28/2015
Appliance Technician: MRANSWER, Home Appliance Technician replied 3 years ago
MRANSWER
MRANSWER, Home Appliance Technician
Turn off the hot water valve and let me know if the machine will fill with just cold.
We turned off the hot water valve and the machine filled with just cold water.
The timer is bad here then. Replace it.
I've ordered the new timer. After it arrives and I install it then I will give you a great rating if it works. If not then I'll send another message.
ok
I put on the new timer and it didn't fix the problem. I stops after the spin cycle and doesn't progress to the rinse cycle. I tried it on Regular, Permanent Press and Delicate and it problem was there each time.
- John
I will opt out- this makes no sense to me.