Appliance Medic
Appliance Medic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Factory Trained CFC Technician
13570846

My Maytag Model MGR766198 oven won't ignite. Burners are fine.

Customer Question

My Maytag Model MGR766198 oven won't ignite. Burners are fine. I hear the clicking sound and smell gas but it won't catch. Also the broiler works fine.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Medic replied 2 years ago.
Hi, have you tried to adjust the bake igniter so that it's closer to the burner tube? Also, do you have a meter? The second most common issue is the gas valve. Ohm the solenoid on the valve both sides should read roughly 216 ohms. The valve or igniter will be the culprit. We work on the honor system here at Just Answers. Were not credited for our work until you rate our answers positively. After you rate our answers positively the question does not close. You can come back and ask follow up questions for no additional charge. Thank you