Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

The sensor on our Maytag dishwasher model # ***** doesn't

Customer Question

The sensor on our Maytag dishwasher model # ***** doesn't work. can we install a new part ourselves or does this require a maytag person? By the time we pay we are 1/2 way to another one and this one was a lemon to begin with - needed a new motor months after we purchased!!!
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 years ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The sensor is actually very easy to replace. You will need to access the bottom of the wash motor sump to get to the sensor, that is the most difficult part. It can be done with the machine installed but is much easier if removed and laid on its back. The sensor will turn 1/4 turn to the left and pull out after the wiring harness is unplugged. The sensor is shown as number 20 in the diagram below. CLICK HERE The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY! Sensor Assembly <----- CLICK HERE FOR THE CORRECT PART FOR YOUR MODEL Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help! Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!