Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have a Maytag bravos 300 quiet series. I am receiving the

Customer Question

I have a Maytag bravos 300 quiet series. I am receiving the SD code. I inspected the hoses near the pum I have a Maytag bravos 300 quiet series. I am receiving the SD code. I tried to pump from underneath . I can see debris through the plastic tub. But I cannot reach it. I want to remove the tub to go in from the top. I have removed the plastic top, the, the flat agitator, and the I want to remove the tub to go in from the top. I have removed the plastic top, the cap, the flat agitator, the 6 Phillips screws and the top gear. But the tub will not lift over the plastic piece that has the spindle coming up out of it
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I haven't heard a response yet
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 2 years ago.
Let me know if you still need help
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes I still need help. There were no instructions at all.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I'm still waiting for a reply
You need to remove the pump on the unit. There is likely a coin or something stuck in it. You do this from the bottom. Watch this video.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUoyP4QJv_c
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I tried that. Nothing in the pump or hoses but I can see debris in the plastic tub near the hoses. How do I get the inner tub out? I've remove all parts but it won't lift off the spindle. I have a photo of that would be helpful.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Also just to confirm it is a maytag bravos quiet series 300.
The tub often get jammed on the shaft. You actually have to lift it up then push it back down then up then down again until it comes free. You can spray some WD-40 on the shaft while doing that to get it off then the tub will lift out.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I tried WD40 but the shat has a plastic piece on it that is larger that won't allow the tub to lift out. Does that piece come off? Looks like it is permanent
That plastic piece is slipped over the splined shaft, it comes out with the tub. The tub is just stuck on the shaft you have to lift it up then back down until it comes off, there is nothing else you need to remove to get it off.