Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Refrigerator Samsung RF263BEAEWW. water dispenser and ice…

Customer Question
refrigerator Samsung RF263BEAEWW. water...
refrigerator Samsung RF263BEAEWW. water dispenser and ice maker stopped working. I replaced the water filter with no change in symptoms. When I remove the water filter and leave it out, the water dispenser seems to work fine.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Appliance
6/27/2015
Appliance Technician: MRANSWER, Home Appliance Technician replied 3 years ago
MRANSWER
MRANSWER, Home Appliance Technician
There is a bypass in the water filter case that allows flow when no filter is in place, so if your new filter is good then there is a problem within the filter case as it is not engaging the filter correctly for whatever reason and no water flow takes place at all. You need to replace the water filter case inside that housing, part#DA97-08006D.